USPS Agreement

Saturday, August 01 2020, 12:00am

Thank you for participating in the USPS Art Project and supporting the Postal Service! The exhibition will run October 1-31, 2020.
Important Information:

Deadline to receive MAILED projects: September 15, 2020
Mailing Address:
Sunset Art Studios
PO Box 5359
Dallas, TX 75208

Exhibition Dates: October 1-31, 2020, Hours will be by appointment

Pick Up Locations and Dates:

Sunset Art Studios
1811 Balboa Place
Dallas, TX 75224
Hours are by Appointment, Schedule pick-up by emailing

Shipping: Works can be returned if you have indicated as such on the submission form in advance and have provided a prepaid shipping label or proof of donation to the GoFundMe account to cover the costs of shipping.

All artwork must be ready to hang or install - please include appropriate hardware for installing. For unframed works on paper we will use magnets or clips in our supply.

All artwork must be labeled on the back with collaborating artist names, email address, artwork title, and date. The gallery will retain 30% from any sales and the artist will receive the remaining 70%.

This letter will serve as our agreement.

Release of Liability Form

Artist/Curator (Exhibitor), its employees, agents, successors and assigns (identified below) (“Artist”) grants permission to the Sunset Art Studios, (Friends) its officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns (“Sunset”) to reproduce his/her name, information describing the Exhibitor’s, work, representations of the Exhibitor’s work and any other information the Exhibitor has provided for the purpose of display, promotion and publicity either now or in the future on the terms and conditions set forth below (“Agreement”).

The Artist agrees to display, pack, transport and provide for the return of the Artist’s artwork at the Artist’s sole risk, cost and expense.

If the Exhibitor is not available on-site at the appropriate time to display, unpack, re-pack or re-transport the Exhibitor’s artwork, the Exhibitor hereby gives permission to Sunset to undertake any or all such activities on the Exhibitor’s behalf and the Exhibitor agrees to pay or reimburse Sunset for the reasonable value of the services rendered. Artworks left over 30 days after the date for final removal shall be kept in storage at the Exhibitor’s sole risk, with storage fees of $5 per day applied and if left over 60 days shall become the property of Sunset, without compensation being due.

The Friends shall not be liable for any injury to the Exhibitor’s artwork, equipment or other personal property arising out of the above exhibitions/displays, the mounting and/or any other activities involved in the preparation and/or presentation of the exhibitions/displays and the Exhibitor agrees to assume all risk of damage to or loss of the Exhibitor’s artwork from whatever cause. The Exhibitor shall indemnify, save and hold harmless Sunset and any participating exhibition venues exhibiting or displaying the Exhibitor’s artwork as a result of this Agreement from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, judgments, liens, losses, costs and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from the negligence of the Ely Center. This paragraph shall survive the completion of this Agreement or the earlier termination thereof.

The Exhibitor shall be solely and exclusively responsible to insure properly and adequately their artwork and personal property.

Neither Party shall assign nor transfer any of its respective rights or obligations under this Agreement without the express prior written consent of the other Party and any attempt to do so shall be void and of no effect.

Waiver by either party of any provision of this Agreement at any one time shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of any provision by such party at any time thereafter. The nullity of any provision hereunder shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions hereunder of the Agreement, which shall survive. Any dispute that arises hereunder, if it cannot be resolved by informal mediation, shall be resolved in a court having jurisdiction in Dallas, TX.

No artwork will be considered for display without this signed form.

I have read the Letter of Agreement and the Release of Liability and agree to the terms outlined in this Release.

Sunset Art Studios is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit run by volunteers who raise funds and write grants for exhibitions and relevant programming. If you would like to support our efforts, please consider a donation. We are an artist-run community studio and any amount is welcome and much appreciated!

Your participation is important to us and we thank you in advance! We look forward to working together.
<3 S.A.S